Glauchau station is the principle station of Glauchau in southwest of the German state of Saxony on the Dresden–Werdau line. Glauchau additionally has one other station at Glauchau-Schönbörnchen.
On 15 November 1858, the Chemnitz-Zwickau part of the Dresden–Werdau line was opened along with Glauchau station. The line was constructed the help of the Saxon authorities and finally turned a part of the Royal Saxon State Railways. The station initially had seven 680 m-long station tracks with a complete of 35 units of factors. With the opening of the Glauchau–Wurzen railway to Wurzen on 10 May 1875, the station was barely expanded.
From 1908, planning started on growth of the station, which was not sufficiently big for to deal with site visitors calls for. In 1913, precise development work began, nevertheless, it was interrupted by the First World War and couldn’t resume till 1923. The new works included new freight services, 4 sign packing containers, a upkeep depot and two bridges over the Lungwitzbach stream. The tracks and platforms had been altered and expanded. On 30 April 1926, the brand new Glauchau station went into operation.
During the Second World War bombs had been dropped on the station space on a number of events. On 11 April 1945, 55 folks, together with 54 members of the Wehrmacht died in a carriage.
During the 2002 European floods the Glauchau–Wurzen railway was broken. As a end result, the final passenger practice ran on the road on 13 August 2002. Freight site visitors had already been terminated on 1 July 2000.
Glauchau is served by the next providers:
#Glauchau #Sachs #station