Priestewitz station is on the Leipzig–Dresden railway and the Großenhain–Priestewitz railway, which branches off it. The station is within the city of Priestewitz within the German state of Saxony.
Priestewitz station was opened on 9 April 1839 throughout the development of the primary German long-distance railway, the Leipzig–Dresden railway. It was established as a result of it was close to to the key cities of Meissen and Großenhain, which each acquired direct rail connections about 20 years later.
After the opening of the road, a shed used throughout its development was used as a freight receiving facility and waggon depot. The city of Großenhain constructed a guesthouse at its personal expense, which was used for the dealing with of passengers. The station constructing itself consisted of a small wood platform corridor for passengers, a barn-like freight shed, an open corridor for the reloading the freight onto waggons and a blacksmith for the restore of waggons. There was a “cistern” for the availability of water to locomotives.
Priestewitz benefited from the railway, so the city shortly skilled an financial increase. Even earlier than 1860, a brand new constructing was constructed for dealing with ticket gross sales, baggage and freight. It changed the primary station buildings from 1839, which now not coped with the growing quantity of visitors.
The city of Großenhain was very fascinated by having its personal connection to the rail community. Therefore, some residents of Großenhain established the Großenhain Branch Railway Company (Zweig-Eisenbahngesellschaft zu Großenhain) to construct a connection to the Leipzig–Dresden railway. The Großenhain–Priestewitz railway was opened on 14 October 1862. In 1870, the road was continued by the Cottbus-Großenhain Railway Company to Cottbus because the Großenhain–Cottbus railway. Thus Priestewitz had turn into a railway junction.
The Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe (Upper Elbe Transport Association, VVO) invested roughly €1.3 million in a brand new interchange in entrance of the station in 2005. The interchange was opened on 30 November 2005.
Renovation of the platform amenities commenced in August 2006 and was accomplished in November of the identical 12 months. The whole value of the renovation of the railway amenities was roughly €1.54 million.
As a part of the renovation the previous guesthouse and the three sign bins had been demolished.
The station consists of a ready room and a pedestrian bridge between the platforms. It is positioned on the Leipzig–Dresden railway. A number of hundred metres to the northwest the Großenhain–Priestewitz branches off; this continues to Cottbus. The station has three tracks, however the central observe doesn’t have a platform, as it’s only used for the passage of freight trains and Intercity and Intercity-Express passenger trains. Platforms 1 and a pair of are linked through a pedestrian bridge and each have a platform top of 55 cm above rail stage. The station has a central dynamic passenger data show.
At the station there’s a public transport interchange for long-distance bus companies. There are three bus places (one north and two south of the railway) and 100 parking areas for park and journey passengers (40 north and 60 south of the railway), in addition to parking areas for short-term parking, bikes and taxis. In the ready room there’s 78 areas for parking bicycles. The station is appropriate for disabled passengers and is accessible by wheelchair.
Forecourt with bus platforms
The station is positioned on federal freeway 101. A car parking zone in entrance of the railway station caters for commuter visitors. In addition, the station is served by a bus cease on the Meißen–Priestewitz-Großenhain route. It is operated by the Verkehrsgesellschaft Meißen, the municipal transport firm of the Meissen district. In the height hour there are three commuter prepare companies in direction of Dresden per hour.
|RE 15||Dresden Hbf – Großenhain Cottbuser station – Ruhland – Hoyerswerda||120 min|
|RE 18||Dresden Hbf – Großenhain Cottbuser station – Ruhland – Cottbus||120 min|
|RE 50||Dresden Hbf – Riesa – Leipzig Hbf||60 min|
|RB 31||Dresden Hbf – Großenhain Cottbuser station – Elsterwerda-Biehla||120 min (extra usually throughout the peak hour)|
Priestewitz station operates bus route 409 (Meissen – Priestewitz – Großenhain), 410 (Großenhain – Priestewitz – Blattersleben – Gävernitz) and 463 (Großenhain – Priestewitz – Böhla – Großenhain).
- Udo Becher (1981). Die Leipzig-Dresdner Eisenbahn-Compagnie (in German). Berlin: transpress – VEB Verlag für Verkehrswesen.
- Fritz Borchert, ed. (1989). Die Leipzig-Dresdner Eisenbahn (in German). Berlin: transpress – VEB Verlag für Verkehrswesen. ISBN 3-344-00354-2.